Note to recruiters

Note to recruiters: We are quite aware that recruiters, interviewers, VCs and other professionals generally perform a Google Search before they interview someone, take a pitch from someone, et cetera. Please keep in mind that not everything put on the Internet must align directly to one's future career and/or one's future product portfolio. Sometimes, people do put things on the Internet just because. Just because. It may be out of their personal interests, which may have nothing to do with their professional interests. Or it may be for some other reason. Recruiters seem to have this wrong-headed notion that if somebody is not signalling their interests in a certain area online, then that means that they are not interested in that area at all. It is worth pointing out that economics pretty much underlies the areas of marketing, strategy, operations and finance. And this blog is about economics. With metta, let us. by all means, be reflective about this whole business of business. Also, see our post on "The Multi-faceted Identity Problem".

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Prof. Sankaran Manikutty - Introduction

Let me introduce myself to the readers of this blog. I am Sankaran Manikutty and was, until recently, a Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. My latest big project has been a book that I recently completed (entitled "Strategic Management"). In this effort, I was adapting to an India audience what I consider a classic textbook on Strategic Management, and it was in association with Professors Michael Hitt, Duane Ireland and Robert Hoskisson.

I have been intrigued by the ideas proposed on this blog, in particular, the proposed new writing system for the Tamil language as well as the Classical Sanskrit Diet. I am an advocate of a plant-based diet similar to the one that Dean Ornish has proposed and have been a vegetarian all my life. I will be pointing people to interesting talks on the topic of diet. I hope to cover the topic of languages as well.

With the rise of obesity in America to the scale of a virtual epidemic, something must be done. (Obesity is catching up in other countries as well.) This blog points to some of the latest ideas from the science of health on what people can do to prevent becoming obese and becoming more healthy. If you are interested in discussing these topics further, please call the bloggers during office hours. I hope you enjoy reading the posts as much as I did preparing them. Bon appetit!